Recycle Bin is a folder in Windows system that temporarily stores deleted files. However, it must be noted that the Recycle Bin keeps the deleted files for only 30 days. Post that, these files are permanently deleted from the computer system. Moreover, Recycle Bin stores the files, which are deleted by using the ‘Delete’ key or simply dragged into the Recycle Bin. In case the files are deleted by using ‘Shift + Delete’ keys, they bypass the Recycle Bin and get deleted permanently.
How to Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin?
To recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open Recycle Bin.
- Search for the files that you want to recover.
- When found, right-click on the file and click
The selected file will be restored to its original location from where it was deleted. If the file was deleted before 30 days or the Recycle Bin was emptied after deleting the file, then it is not possible to recover that file.
Recover Deleted Files by Using Software
You can use a data recovery software which is capable of free data recovery of the lost or deleted files from the system. One such software, which can easily recover lost files for free, is Stellar Data Recovery for Windows. This software can recover all kinds of files such as pictures, videos, emails, and other documents. Also, one of the great features of this software is that it lets you preview all the recoverable files before saving them. This helps you to decide in advance which files are worthy of recovery.
Steps to recover deleted files by using the software:
- Download the free Stellar Free Data Recovery software from the official website of Stellar Data Recovery India.
- Install the software and run it on the computer system.
- Select the type of files which you want to recover, followed by selecting the location from where the files are deleted.
- Toggle Deep Scan, followed by clicking Scan, and let the software scan for the recoverable files in the selected location.
- Once the scanning is done, you can preview the files and select the files which you want to recover.
- After selecting the files, click Recover.
- Once recovery is complete, select a location to save these files, and click on Save.
Why Stellar Data Recovery Software?
Stellar Data Recovery software not only recovers lost/deleted data from desktop/laptop but from various other storage devices such as external hard drives, memory cards, SSDs, SD cards, pen drives, RAID drives, blade server drives, etc. Be it a case of deletion, formatting, or corruption, this software is perfectly capable of recovering data in all situations. Besides this, the software can also recover data from BitLocker-encrypted, corrupt, formatted, and hidden partitions on any storage media. It can also recover lost data from an unbootable system. Last but not the least, the software recover deleted files of all kinds which make it a preferred choice.
This article has covered all the aspects of the process of recovering lost files from Windows Recycle Bin. However, there is one thing which needs to be repeated. Whenever you delete a file, either press the ‘delete’ key after selecting the file or right-click on the file, followed by selecting ‘delete’ from the options to send the files to the Recycle Bin. Nevertheless, in case of data deletion, Stellar Data Recovery Software for Windows is always there for you to recover deleted data for free.