The durability of a building’s roof is as important as a solid basement. Roofs serve as the barrier between the outside world and our home’s interiors. It protects our home from extreme weather conditions and even a small leak in it could lead to large-scale water problems. It is essential to have a sturdy roof for your building to keep several problems at bay.
Importance of good roofing:
- The roofing system increases the home value in the real estate market.
- If the roof provides ample insulation, you cut down on the energy bills.
- Reduce the risk of property damage
Regardless of whether you are building a new house or want to renovate your damaged roof, request for quotes to at least 3 or 4 roofing companies and compare them before sealing the deal. This way you won’t end up overpaying unnecessarily. Though there would be price variations depending on the inclusions/ exclusions this gives you a rough idea of the actual cost.
If you are looking for a reliable roof company for roof repair services in the US, get in touch with A to Z construction. They are one of the top-rated roofing companies offering top-notch service at affordable rates. Call them up and submit the form available in their site online to set up an estimate and they’ll get back to with details at the earliest.
Details to review in a roof quote:
Some companies quote a lower value initially to entice you and at the end they’ll charge you a lot on extras by when the total cost tends to be much higher than the initially quoted price. Here is a checklist of the details one should look out for when reviewing a roof estimate:
- Contact information: The complete contact information of the roofing company including their company name, complete address of their physical location, phone number, e-mail address etc.
- Payment: Every minute payment detail like down payments, end payment, progress payment, payment method etc. If the roofing company is outsourcing a part of the project to someone else, information regarding them and their responsibilities should be listed.
- Description of work: Detailed information on how they are going to carry out each work.
- Anticipated timeline: Estimated start date and completion date of the project.
- Cost: Cost of removing old roof, labor, acquiring permits, heavy equipment, renting a dumpster, hauling away debris etc.
- Roof estimate cost: Cost of all materials including information on the type of shingles, ventilation, underlayment used. The best roofing companies list detailed information on the materials used along with the brand name.
- Guarantees: Guarantees of workmanship and guarantees of property cleanup including sweeping of nails, disposal of old materials.
- Insurance and licensing: Proof of licensing, worker’s compensation insurance, and liability insurance.
If the roofing company insists on full payment before starting the project, mandatory deposit for covering material costs, minimum deposit of more than 10% of the total quoted value, requesting for only cash payments, you should be careful with them. Leave the job only to reputed and experienced professionals in the field.